The EPA has again approved the Section 18 Emergency Exemption for use of Transform WG in Tennessee to control tarnished plant bugs in cotton.
According to Scott Stewart, University of Tennessee IPM Extension specialist, the use restrictions are essentially identical to 2016:
- Application by air or ground is allowed at rates of 1.5-2.25 oz of product
- A maximum of 4 applications may be made per year (not to exceed 8.5 oz of product per acre)
- Application is prohibited when wind speed exceeds 10 MPH
- Retreatment is prohibited within 5 days, and the re-entry interval (REI) is 24 hours.
- Do not apply within 14 days of harvest
- No more than 240,000 acres of cotton can be treated in Tennessee
Stewart notes that Transform will not be labeled for control of sugarcane aphids in sorghum in Tennessee, due to the low sorghum acreage in the state. He reminds growers that Sivanto Prime is fully labeled for grain and forage sorghum and typically provides superior control. A Section 18 application has also been submitted for Sivanto Prime in sweet sorghum.
Source – University of Tennessee