The EPA has approved the Section 18 Emergency Exemption for use of Transform WG in Texas to control plant bugs in cotton, reports Suhas Vyavhare, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension cotton entomologist.
This exemption is effective March 1, 2018 and expires October 31, 2018.
Pests and application rates: Plant bugs (1.5 – 2.25 oz Transform WG per acre)
Spray drift management: Applications are prohibited above wind speeds of 10 mph
- Pre-harvest Interval: Do not apply within 14 days of harvest.
- A restricted entry interval (REI) of 24 hours applies to all applications.
- Minimum Treatment Interval: Do not make applications less than 5 days apart.
- Do not make more than four applications per acre per year.
- Do not make more than two consecutive applications per crop.
- Do not apply more than a total of 8.5 oz of Transform WG (0.266 lb ai of sulfoxaflor) per acre per year.