Ted Schneider, a producer from Lake Providence, LA, will serve as president of Cotton Council International (CCI) for 2018.
He and other CCI officers were elected at the organization’s board meeting during the National Cotton Council’s (NCC) 2018 Annual Meeting in Fort Worth, TX. CCI is the NCC’s export promotion arm and carries out programs in more than 50 countries globally under the COTTON USA trademark.
“As CCI’s president, I’m proud to lead its efforts in 2018 to show the global cotton supply chain that U.S. cotton is the cotton the world trusts because of its quality, sustainability, innovation and premium value,” Schneider said. “Our family farmers constantly use and pursue the latest innovations and technologies to farm sustainably and deliver uniform and consistent cotton for less downtime, more productivity and superior quality yarn, fabric and products.”
Schneider succeeds Eduardo L. (Eddy) Esteve, a merchant from Dallas, TX, who becomes CCI board chairman.
Since 1984, Schneider has been the owner/operator of a 3,600-acre diversified farming operation located in northeast Louisiana and southeast Arkansas that is dedicated to sustainable, responsible agricultural production. He currently chairs the NCC’s Sustainability Task Force and its Committee for the Advancement of Cotton.
Other 2018 CCI officers elected were:
- First vice president – Hank Reichle, cooperative, Greenwood, MS
- Second vice president – Richard L. (Ricky) Clarke, III, merchant, Cordova, TN
- Treasurer – Ted Sheely, producer, Lemoore, CA
- Secretary – Gary Adams, Cordova, TN
- Assistant Secretary – Bruce Atherley, Washington, DC
Elected as 2018 CCI directors were:
- Curtis H. Stewart, ginner, Spade, TX
- Tim G. North, merchant, Dallas, TX
- Philip R. (Phil) Bogel, II, merchant, Dallas, TX
- Paul (Paco) Ollerton, producer, Casa Grande, AZ
- Matthew R. (Matt) Hyneman, producer, Jonesboro, AR
- Aaron A. Barcellos, producer, Los Banos, CA
Re-elected as 2018 CCI directors were:
- PRODUCERS – J. Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA; Richard Gaona, Roby, TX; Craig A. Heinrich, Lubbock, TX; Taylor Slade, Williamston, NC
- GINNER – Kent D. Fountain, Surrency, GA
- MERCHANTS –Steven (Steve) Dyer, Cordova, TN; James L. Loeb, Jr., Montgomery, AL; Ernst D. (Ernie) Schroeder, Jr., Bakersfield, CA
- COOPERATIVE OFFICIALS – Frederick Barrier, Greenwood, MS; Carlos C. Garcia, Lubbock, TX; Jarral T. Neeper, Bakersfield, CA
- COTTONSEED HANDLER – James C. Massey, Harlingen, TX
- WAREHOUSEMAN – Vance C. Shoaf, Milan, TN
- MANUFACTURERS – Robin Perkins, Sanford, NC; Davis Warlick, Charlotte, NC
Source – Cotton Council International