Deltapine to Release Five Bollgard II XtendFlex Cotton Varieties
Following USDA deregulation of the Bollgard II XtendFlex cotton technology, Deltapine has announced plans to offer five new B2XF varieties for the 2015 season.
These new offerings will join two previously-announced varieties as part of the Deltapine Class of 15.
The Bollgard II XtendFlex varieties feature tolerance to glyphosate and to glufosinate, giving cotton growers additional, approved options for flexible in-crop herbicide applications. Once authorized, approved dicamba herbicide products can also be used to deliver a third mode of action for weed control.
The Deltapine Bollgard II XtendFlex varieties include:
- DP 1518 B2XF, which is adapted to high-yield, short-season environments, with yield potential similar to DP 0912 B2RF.
- DP 1522 B2XF, a widely-adapted, early-mid maturity variety, with yield potential also similar to DP 0912 B2RF.
- DP 1538 B2XF is a mid-maturity variety for the Mid-South and Southeast. Yield potential is similar to DP 1050 B2RF, with good performance on dryland fields in the Southeast. It has demonstrated aggressive growth and will require timely PGR management.
- DP 1549 B2XF, a full-season variety that fits will in Texas and Arizona. Performance is on par with PHY 499 WRF in Texas, especially in dryland conditions and in fields with limited irrigation.
- DP 1553 B2XF, a full-season variety for the lower Southeast, south Delta and Upper Gulf Coast, with yield potential similar to DP 1044 B2RF. It’s a vigorous plant that may need timely PGR management.
Other Class of 15 varieties, which were announced in December 2014, are:
- DP 1558NR B2RF, a full-season variety with resistance to root-knot nematodes. Adapted to the Southeastern growing region and the Texas Southern High Plains and Southern Rolling Plains, this variety has demonstrated high yield potential on fields with low to moderate RKN pressure, as well as in fields with high pressure.
- DP 1555 B2RF is a new option for the lower Southeast, lower Mid-South and upper Texas coast. It is a mid- to full-season variety with a semi-smooth leaf that has demonstrated exceptionally high yield and excellent fiber quality on irrigated fields and in high-yield environments in 2014.
More information about Deltapine Bollgard II XtendFlex varieties is available online.
Source – Deltapine