Transform WG Receives Section 18 for Tennessee Cotton
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture and the EPA have approved the Section 18 request for use of Transform WG in cotton for the control of plant bugs in 2019.
“Hopefully, this will be the last year a Section 18 request will be needed, pending a new label for this product,” noted Scott Stewart, University of Tennessee IPM Extension specialist.
The Section 18 label is effective June 1 and expires on September 30.
Primary use restrictions under this label are:
- Preharvest Interval: Do not apply within 14 days of harvest.
- Minimum Treatment Interval: Do not make applications less than 5 days apart.
- Do not make more than four applications per acre per year.
- Do not make more than two consecutive applications per crop.
- Do not apply more than a total of 8.5 oz of Transform WG (0.266 lb ai of sulfoxaflor) per acre per year.
A copy of the label must be in the possession of the user at the time of application.