TamaWrap™ Pink is one of the projects we’re most proud of. It has all the features and benefits of TamaWrap+™ Yellow cotton wrap, but with an important added value.
TamaWrap+™ Pink began with a unique request from a cotton producer from Missouri who lost his beloved sister to breast cancer and had been thinking of ways to honor her memory and raise awareness about early detection. The producer came up with the idea to cover a round module with a pink wrap and we were fully behind the idea! Our Crop Packaging Specialists provided him, for the first time ever, with the pink cotton wrap, just in time for cotton harvest.
Today, TamaWrap+™ Pink Premium is among our best-selling wrap, providing dealers, producers, and custom harvesters with the opportunity to support research, raise breast cancer awareness and contribute to the community.
Tama’s rich experience in the manufacturing of crop baling solutions coupled with mechanical cotton harvesting experience on their farm well positioned the organization to partner with John Deere in developing a variety of wrap for non-stop harvesting. All TamaWrap™ was developed specifically to complement the John Deere 7760 | CP/CS690 | CP/CS770 cotton harvesters that form round modules in a continuous process without stopping the harvester. TamaWrap+™ is the only wrap approved by John Deere!
TamaWrap+™ is an integral part of John Deere’s On-Board Module Builder which amazed the agricultural world when it was first launched back in 2009.
- The on-board module technology replaces the traditional cotton harvesting system which includes basket harvesters, boll buggies, and module builders.
- The entire harvesting process is carried out by ONE machine and ONE operator!
- The innovative product is specially designed to avoid the potential of plastic fragments and the risk of cotton contamination.
- Assures reliable, automatic packaging for non-stop harvesting.
- Helps to maintain the quality of cotton in round modules in all weather conditions.
- Eliminates cotton waste from the field to the gin.
TamaWrap+™ Yellow and Pink features include:
- Pre-Cut Wrap Portions avoid potential plastic fragments.
- Over the Edge Coverage minimizes cotton waste, exposure to rainfall, and maintains tight shoulders of the round module.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags provide the capability to track the individual module through harvesting and processing, all integrated within the electronic system of the John Deere 7760 I CP/CS690 I CP/CS700 cotton harvesters.
- Identification Numbers can be found inside the core and on the leading edge of the first wrap. Each portion has a unique serial number located throughout the wrap.
- Gin Friendly- TamaWrap+™ eliminates the constant maintenance and cost of traditional module tarps thereby saving time and money for Ginners.
- Recyclable – TamaWrap+™ is Recyclable.
Tama’s Unique Z-Lock® system provides 4 major benefits:
- The Z-Lock® connects and separates each individual wrap portion on a roll; each roll is made of 24 “ready to use” portions.
- The system assures the next wrap is correctly fed in the on-board module builder.
- The tapered structure maximizes the durability of the tail in windy conditions.
- Two types of specially designed adhesive secure the tail of the wrapped module in tough conditions and minimize the risk of cotton contamination.
TamaWrap+™ Yellow and Pink are made of two segments:
- The inner layer is comprised of a non-tacky film which prevents cotton from sticking to the wrap.
- The outer layer is a special formulated film which is tacky on one side only.
The combination of these two types of film ensures that the round module will hold its uniformity for transport and processing.
TamaWrap+™ Premium Yellow and TamaWrap+™ Premium Pink are the only Approved Round Module Wrap Products that meet ASABE S615.2 Feb 2022 Cotton Module Cover Material Performance Approved List that is maintained by the National Cotton Council.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-800-225-8946 / Tama USA PO Box 506, Dubuque, Iowa 52004-0506, USA