The National Cotton Council directors and state unit officers for 2016 were announced at the NCC’s annual meeting held in Dallas, TX, in early February.
Elected to the NCC Board during segment caucuses were:
- Producers – Kendall Wannamaker, Saint Matthews, SC; Nathan Reed, Marianna, AR; Shawn Holladay, Lubbock, TX; Dan Thelander, Maricopa, AZ; and Michael Tate, Huntsville, AL.
- Ginners – Levin Lynch, Florence, SC; David Blakemore, Campbell, MO; Jerry Stuckey, Moscow, KS; Robert Gladden, Stanfield, AZ; and Ron Craft, Plains, TX.
- Warehousers – Donald Robinson, Garner, NC; Charlie Jackson, Memphis, TN; Thomas Clodfelter, Seminole, TX; and Brett Underwood and Ron Harkey, both of Lubbock, TX.
- Merchants –Jordan Lea, Greenville, SC; John Mitchell, Prattville, AL; Hope Brooks, III, and Jeff Johnson, both of Cordova, TN; and Bobby Walton, Memphis, TN.
- Cottonseed – Andy Borem and Sammy Wright, both of Tifton, GA; Austin Rose, Oklahoma City, OK; Paul Scruggs, Overland Park, KS; and Ronnie Gilbert, Lubbock, TX.
- Cooperatives – Keith Lucas, Garner, NC; Jeff Thompson, Prattville, AL; Meredith Allen, Greenwood, MS; Sam Hill, Lubbock, TX; and Cindy Walters, Bakersfield, CA.
- Manufacturers – Anderson Warlick and James Martin, both of Gastonia, NC; Robert Chapman, III, Inman, SC; Robin Perkins, Sanford, NC; and Owen Hodges, III, Columbus, GA.
Chairmen, vice-chairmen and secretaries, respectively, of the state units are:
- Alabama – Billy Sickler, IV, ginner, Athens; Joseph Scarborough, III, producer, Shorter; and Nicholas McMichen, producer, Centre;
- Arizona – Dan Thelander, producer, Maricopa; Bill Brackett, ginner, Buckeye; and K.C. Gingg, producer, Buckeye;
- Arkansas – Nathan Reed, producer, Marianna; Neill Sloan, warehouse, Portland; and Terry Pollard, producer, Greenway;
- California – John E. Seiler, producer, Blythe; Mark C. McKean, producer, Riverdale; and Joseph Cain, warehouser, Hanford;
- Florida – B.E. “Sonny” Davis, Jr., producer, Cottondale; Joseph Diamond, producer, Jay; and Scott Mitchell, ginner, Donalsonville, Ga.;
- Georgia – Ralph Sandeford, ginner, Midville; Steven Meeks, producer, Screven; and Barry Strickland, ginner, Pelham;
- Kansas –Thomas Lahey, producer, Moscow; Stuart Briggeman, producer, Pratt; and Gary Feist, ginner, Anthony;
- Louisiana – Ted Schneider, producer, Lake Providence; Jason Condrey, producer, Lake Providence; and Ben Guthrie, producer, Newellton;
- Mississippi – Patrick Johnson, Jr., producer, Tunica; David Cochran, Jr., ginner, Greenville; and Coley Bailey, Jr., cooperative, Coffeeville;
- Missouri/Illinois – A.C. Riley James, ginner, New Madrid, MO.; William Hunter, cooperative, Bell City, MO.; and Stephen Harris, ginner, Senath, MO.;
- New Mexico – Nathan Jurva, producer, Carlsbad; Alberto Pando, ginner, Mesquite; and Ramon Alvarez, ginner, Anthony;
- North Carolina – Joseph Martin, II, producer, Conway; Brad Warren, producer, Faison; and Kent Smith, producer, Rocky Mount;
- Oklahoma – Jay Cowart, warehouser, Altus; Steven Clay, producer, Carnegie; and Jeannie Hileman, ginner, Carnegie;
- South Carolina – Kendall Wannamaker, producer, Saint Matthews; Levin Lynch, ginner, Florence; and Drake Perrow, ginner, Cameron;
- Tennessee/Kentucky – John Lindamood, producer, Tiptonville, TN.; Eugene Pugh, III, producer, Halls, TN; and Will Wade, III, ginner, Kenton, TN;
- Texas – Doyle Schniers, producer, San Angelo; Jim Bradford, ginner, Dimmitt; and Toby Robertson, producer, Corpus Christi;
- Virginia –James Ferguson, producer, Emporia; Randy Everett, producer, Stony Creek; and Mark Hodges, III, ginner, Emporia.
Source – National Cotton Council