Holladay Elected American Cotton Producers Chair
Shawn Holladay of Lubbock, TX, was elected chairman of the American Cotton Producers (ACP) of the National Cotton Council (NCC) for 2018.
Currently a NCC director, he has chaired the ACP’s Farm Policy Task Force and served on various other ACP and NCC committees and task forces.
Holladay and other ACP officers were elected during the NCC annual meeting Fort Worth, TX, in early February.
Elected as ACP vice chairmen were Jason Condrey of Lake Providence, LA; Dan Thelander of Maricopa, AZ; and Neal Isbell of Muscle Shoals, AL.
Elected as ACP producer directors were James Jones of Windsor, VA, representing the Southeast region; Patrick Johnson of Tunica, MS, representing the Mid-South; Doyle Schniers of San Angelo, TX, representing the Southwest; and Mark McKean, Riverdale, CA; representing the Far West.
Holladay was re-elected to serve as at-large director.
Serving as ACP state producer chairmen in 2018 will be:
- Alabama– Nick McMichen, Centre, AL, and Ricky Wiggins, Andalusia, AL
- Arizona– Gregory Wuertz, Casa Grande, AZ, and K.C. Gingg, Buckeye, AZ
- Arkansas– Nathan Reed, Marianna, AR
- California– Gary Martin, Firebaugh, CA
- Florida– Nick Marshall, Baker, FL
- Georgia– Matt Coley, Vienna, GA, and Chad Mathis, Jr., Arlington, GA
- Kansas– Kent Goyen, Pratt, KS
- Louisiana– Ben Guthrie, Newellton, LA
- Mississippi– Ted Kendall, IV, Bolton, MS
- Missouri/Illinois– Chris Porter, Essex, MO
- New Mexico– Dean Calvani, Carlsbad, NM
- North Carolina– Andrew Burleson, New London, NC, and Rob Fleming, Jr., Zebulon, NC
- Oklahoma– Mark Nichols, Altus, OK
- South Carolina– William Bull, Cameron, SC, and Daniel Baxley, Dillon, SC
- Tennessee/Kentucky– John Lindamood, Tiptonville, TN
- Texas– Richard Gaona, Roby, TX; Craig Heinrich, Lubbock, TX; and Toby Robertson, Corpus Christi, TX
- Virginia– James Ferguson, Emporia, VA
Source – National Cotton Council