Holladay Re-Elected American Cotton Producers Chair
Shawn Holladay of Lubbock, TX, was re-elected chairman of the American Cotton Producers (ACP) of the National Cotton Council (NCC) for 2019, during the NCC’s recent annual meeting in San Antonio.
Currently a NCC director, Holladay previously chaired the ACP’s Farm Policy Task Force and served on various other ACP and NCC committees and task forces.
Elected as an ACP vice chairman was Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA. Re-elected as vice chairmen were Jason Condrey of Lake Providence, LA, and Dan Thelander of Maricopa, AZ.
Elected as an ACP producer director was Neal Isbell, Muscle Shoals, AL, representing the Southeast region. Re-elected as ACP producer directors were Patrick Johnson of Tunica, MS, representing the Mid-South; Doyle Schniers of San Angelo, TX, representing the Southwest; and Mark McKean, Riverdale, CA, representing the Far West.
Holladay was re-elected to serve as the ACP’s at-large director.
Serving as ACP state producer chairmen in 2019 will be:
- ALABAMA – Nick McMichen, Centre; and Ricky Wiggins, Andalusia
- ARIZONA –Gregory Wuertz, Casa Grande; and K.C. Gingg, Buckeye
- ARKANSAS – Nathan Reed, Marianna
- CALIFORNIA – Gary Martin, Firebaugh
- FLORIDA – Nick Marshall, Baker
- GEORGIA – Matt Coley, Vienna; and Chad Mathis, Jr., Arlington
- KANSAS – Kent Goyen, Pratt
- LOUISIANA – Heath Herring and Russell Ratcliff, III, both of St. Joseph
- MISSISSIPPI – Ted Kendall, IV, Bolton
- MISSOURI/ILLINOIS – Chris Porter, Essex, MO
- NEW MEXICO – Dean Calvani, Carlsbad
- NORTH CAROLINA – Andrew Burleson, New London; and Rob Fleming, Jr., Zebulon
- OKLAHOMA – Mark Nichols, Altus; and Phil Bohl, Faxon
- SOUTH CAROLINA – William Bull, Cameron; and Daniel Baxley, Dillon
- TENNESSEE/KENTUCKY – John Lindamood, Tiptonville, TN
- TEXAS – Richard Gaona, Roby; Craig Heinrich, Lubbock; and Toby Robertson, Corpus Christi
- VIRGINIA – James Ferguson, Emporia.
The ACP is an organization of cotton producer leaders elected by their peers from across the Cotton Belt. The group serves as the producers’ advocate within the NCC and has responsibility for developing recommendations on all matters affecting the cotton production sector.
Information provided by the National Cotton Council