Mark McKean of Riverdale, CA, is chairman of the American Cotton Producers (ACP) of the National Cotton Council (NCC) for 2020.
McKean, who was formerly an ACP vice chairman and currently serves as a NCC director, was elected during the recent NCC Annual Meeting in New Orleans. He has served on and continues to serve on various ACP and NCC committees and task forces.
Elected as an ACP vice chairmen were Mark Nichols, Altus, OK; Rusty Darby, Chester, SC; and Nathan Reed, Marianna, AR.
Elected as ACP producer directors were Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA, representing the Southeast; Jason Condrey of Lake Providence, LA, representing the Mid-South; and Dan Thelander of Maricopa, AZ, representing the Far West.
Re-elected as an ACP producer director was Doyle Schniers of San Angelo, TX, representing the Southwest.
McKean will serve as the ACP’s at-large director.
Serving as ACP state producer chairmen in 2020 will be:
- Alabama – Nick McMichen, Centre; and Sam Spruell, Mount Hope
- Arizona – Gregory Wuertz, Casa Grande; and K.C. Gingg, Buckeye
- Arkansas – Terry Pollard, Greenway
- California – Bryan Bone, Bakersfield
- Florida – Nick Marshall, Baker
- Georgia – Matt Coley, Vienna; and Chad Mathis, Jr., Arlington
- Kansas – Stuart Briggeman, Pratt
- Louisiana – Heath Herring and Russell Ratcliff, III, both of St. Joseph
- Mississippi – Ted Kendall, IV, Bolton
- Missouri/Illinois – Chris Porter, Essex, MO
- New Mexico – Dean Calvani, Carlsbad
- North Carolina – Brad Warren, Faison; and Rob Fleming, Jr., Zebulon
- Oklahoma – Steve King, Hydro; and Phil Bohl, Faxon
- South Carolina – James Johnson, Mayesville; and Daniel Baxley, Dillon
- Tennessee/Kentucky – John Lindamood, Tiptonville, TN
- Texas – Jon Whatley, Odem; Richard Gaona, Roby; Craig Heinrich, Lubbock; and Stacy Smith, Wilson
- Virginia – Paul Rogers, Wakefield.
The NCC’s American Cotton Producers (ACP) is an organization of cotton producer leaders from all major cotton-producing states elected by their peers from across the Cotton Belt. The ACP is the producers’ advocate within the NCC and has responsibility for developing recommendations on all matters affecting the cotton production sector.
Based on information provided by the National Cotton Council