CottonGrower.com: Top 10 Most Popular Stories in 2017
The editors at CottonGrower.com always get excited putting together our website’s list of the most-read stories of the year. To us, it reveals a lot about how our audience feels about the cotton market. What did you find interesting? Share-worthy? Shocking?
You loved the stories about cotton pricing. How much cotton will U.S. growers plant in 2017, especially in light of flagging competitive crop prices? When the cotton bull was off and running in the spring, you turned to the market analysis of Dr. O.A. Cleveland to make sense of it all.
You were intrigued by the newest cotton varieties. Did Deltapine retain its top spot among varieties planted in 2017? What other brands were popular?
You were curious about dicamba. What states were banning the herbicide? Where was the damage? Who was to blame? What’s next?
And you paid close attention to news about Hurricane Harvey? What impact would it have on cotton yield? On pricing?
From the 408 stories we posted on CottonGrower.com in 2017, here are the Top 10. Check them out if you missed them the first time around, or if you want to read them again.
- Cotton Poised to Gain Ground in 2017
- Grab Hold. The Bulls Are Running!
- Cotton Prices Reach Upper Third of Historical Range
- Deltapine Retains Top Spot Among Varieties Planted in 2017
- No One Reason for “Frustrating” Dicamba Issue
- USDA Report Stuns Market. Now, Wait for Reality
- Dicamba Damage Reports Increasing in Arkansas
- Arkansas Plant Board Votes to Ban Dicamba. Now What?
- 78 Cent Cotton? The Opportunities are There
- Market Watching for Harvey’s Impact on U.S. Crop