|BASF has announced commercial availability of five new varieties in their FiberMax and Stoneville brands for 2019.
Two new FiberMax varieties offer high profit potential under Southwest growing conditions:
· FM 2498GLT provides growers excellent yield potential with medium maturity. This semi-smooth variety offers bacterial blight resistance, strong tolerance to Verticillium wilt and fiber quality potential. FM 2498GLT is adapted to the High Plains, Rolling Plains, Oklahoma, South Texas and East Texas.
· FM 2574GLT is a good fit for dryland production on the Rolling Plains. With outstanding fiber and yield potential, growers can also count on this medium-maturity variety for bacterial blight resistance and solid Verticillium wilt tolerance. This smooth leaf variety also offers high gin turnout.
Three new Stoneville varieties start with the strong seedling vigor and offer the yield potential growers look for in these high performing varieties:
· ST 5122GLT delivers early-season vigor, outstanding yield potential and fiber quality. This smooth-leaf variety fits the early- to mid-maturity spot on the farm and offers very good tolerance to Verticillium wilt. ST 5122GLT is widely adapted to the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Delta, East Texas, Northern Rolling Plains and Oklahoma.
· ST 5471GLTP offers outstanding yield and exceptional quality potential to growers from South Texas to Virginia. With the three-gene protection of TwinLink Plus, the crop is less likely to need a worm treatment. Resistance to bacterial blight and strong tolerance to Verticillium wilt ensure this smooth-leaf variety stays strong all season.
· ST 5818GLT is a smooth leaf variety that maintains stable performance on irrigated and dryland acres, with very good early-season vigor, excellent yield potential and exceptional quality. ST 5818GLT is adapted to the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, South Delta and South Texas.
BASF offers growers varieties with proven traits needed to effectively manage insect and weed pests – GlyTol LibertyLink TwinLink Plus (GLTP) and GlyTol LibertyLink TwinLink (GLT).
GLTP varieties offer full tolerance to both Liberty herbicide and glyphosate, plus three-gene protection from lepidoptera, decreasing the likelihood that additional spray applications will be needed to control worms.
GLT varieties also provide growers the tools they need to control difficult and herbicide-resistant weeds in their fields with Liberty herbicide and glyphosate, plus two-gene Bt protection to control worms.
For more information, talk with your BASF representative, or visit the FiberMax or Stoneville websites for a complete lineup of varieties bred locally to perform in your region.