Details Set for September NCC Farm Law Webinars
More details are now set for the National Cotton Council’s upcoming series of 2018 farm bill implementation webinars.
The NCC urges all cotton industry members and other interested parties to participate and access this timely information. Organizations or other individuals are also encouraged to share this information with their respective financial institutions and other agri-businesses.
All webinars will cover details on Seed Cotton ARC/PLC election, 2019 and 2020 crop enrollment, marketing loan provisions, program eligibility provisions and the Economic Adjustment Assistance for Textile Mills.
Webinar Dates and Times (all Central DST)
- Thursday, September 19 at 8:00 am
- Monday, September 23 at 8:00 am
- Wednesday, September 25 at 8:00 am
- Thursday, September 26 at 10:00 am
Any questions can be forwarded to the NCC office (901-274-9030) or to the appropriate NCC Member Services representative.
- Guests will need to connect using Zoom software. If this is your first experience with Zoom, you will be prompted to download the Zoom client. Please include your personal email address. If you are hosting a group session, please provide the number of participants when prompted.
- If you have difficulty joining the webinar, email Michelle Huffman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shawn Boyd (email@example.com) at NCC for assistance.
- No conference line audio will be provided – all audio will be through your computer, tablet or smartphone. All questions will be submitted electronically via Zoom client and answered orally by the presenter.
- An electronic version of the PowerPoint presentation will be available prior to the webinar at the NCC website in the 2018 Farm Bill portal (Members Only).
For Listening Groups
If you are organizing listening groups for the webinar, the following equipment is suggested:
Small Room/Conference Room
- Computer with HDMI or VGA out
- TV with HDMI connection
- Projector with screen if no monitor is available
- Bluetooth Speaker/Soundbar (Available at most retailers with both Bluetooth and 1/8” audio connections. The soundbar must plug into an outlet)
- Speakers for the computer if a soundbar is not practical. The largest size desktop speakers available are suggested (most have 1/8” audio connection)
Larger Meeting Room
- Computer with HDMI or VGA output
- Projector with screen (minimum 6 ft wide)
- Large speakers rated for a big room or public address speakers (RCA 1/4” to 1/8” adapter may be needed for use with the computer)
In addition to the webinars, the NCC continues to update its online farm bill resources. A list of frequently asked questions and answers will be posted following the webinars, along with a series of short YouTube videos focusing on specific provisions of the 2018 farm law.
Based on information provided by the National Cotton Council