Richard L. (Ricky) Clarke, III, was elected president of Cotton Council International (CCI) for 2020.
Clarke, a merchant from Cordova, TN, succeeds Hank Reichle, a cooperative official from Greenwood, MS, who becomes CCI board chairman. Clarke, Reichle and other CCI officers were elected at CCI’s board meeting during the NCC’s 2020 Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
CCI is the export promotion arm of the National Cotton Council (NCC) and carries out programs in more than 50 countries globally under the COTTON USA trademark.
“I look forward to leading CCI in its mission of making U.S. cotton ‘The Cotton The World Trusts’ for mills, manufacturers, brands, retailers and consumers worldwide,” Clarke said. “COTTON USA promotional events in 2020 will continue to educate this audience and stimulate U.S. cotton sales via networking opportunities throughout the global supply chain.”
Clarke is vice president/senior merchant for Cargill Cotton, Business Unit of Cargill, Inc. He joined Cargill in 1980 and has served in various merchandising positions, including his current merchandising responsibilities for sales to several Asian markets.
Other 2020 CCI officers elected include:
- First Vice President – Ted Sheely, Lemoore, CA
- Second Vice President – Carlos C. Garcia, Lubbock, TX
- Treasurer – Steven Dyer, Cordova, TN.
In addition, Gary Adams, Cordova, TN, was elected as secretary, and Bruce Atherley, Washington, DC, was elected assistant secretary.
Elected as 2020 CCI directors were George LaCour, Jr., Morganza, LA; John King, III, Helena, AR; Neal Isbell, Muscle Shoals, AL; and John Lindamood, Tiptonville, TN.
Re-elected as 2020 CCI directors were:
- PRODUCERS – J. Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA; Richard Gaona, Roby, TX; Craig Heinrich, Lubbock, TX; Matthew (Matt) Hyneman, Jonesboro, AR; and Paul (Paco) Ollerton, Casa Grande, AZ
- GINNERS – Curtis H. Stewart, Spade, TX
- MERCHANTS – Philip (Phil) Bogel, II, Dallas, TX; Tim North, Dallas, TX; Ernst (Ernie) Schroeder, Jr., Bakersfield, CA; and William Barksdale, Cordova, TN
- COOPERATIVES – Frederick Barrier, Greenwood, MS; Carlo Bocardo, Bakersfield, CA; Donald Robinson, Garner, NC
- COTTONSEED – James Massey, Harlingen, TX
- WAREHOUSEMAN – Vance Shoaf, Milan, TN
- MANUFACTURERS – Robin Perkins, Sanford, NC; and Davis Warlick, Charlotte, NC.
Based on information provided by Cotton Council International