Cotton Council International Elects Officers for 2019
Hank Reichle, a cooperative official from Greenwood, MS, will serve as president of Cotton Council International (CCI) for 2019.
He and other CCI officers were elected at CCI’s board meeting during the National Cotton Council’s (NCC) 2019 Annual Meeting held February 8-10 in San Antonio, Texas. CCI is the NCC’s export promotion arm and carries out programs in more than 50 countries globally under the COTTON USA trademark.
Reichle succeeds Ted Schneider, a producer from Lake Providence, LA, who becomes CCI board chairman.
“I think that the character of the U.S. cotton industry is very strong,” Reichle said. “The integrity across the industry is strong. We have an excellent product. It’s contamination controlled. You get bale-by-bale classing data, and it’s shipped to you by companies that care about their customers. U.S. cotton is the cotton you can trust to make your business successful.”
Reichle is president and CEO of Staplcotn, the oldest U.S. cotton marketing cooperative. A Mississippi native, Reichle holds a B.A. degree in accountancy from the University of Mississippi and is involved with several community organizations outside of the cotton industry.
Other 2019 CCI officers elected include:
- First Vice President – Richard L. (Ricky) Clarke, III, merchant, Cordova, TN
- Second Vice President – Ted Sheely, producer, Lemoore, CA
- Treasurer – Carlos C. Garcia, cooperative official, Lubbock, TX.
In addition, Gary Adams, Cordova, TN, was elected as secretary, and Bruce Atherley, Washington, DC, was elected as assistant secretary.
Re-elected as 2019 CCI directors were:
- PRODUCERS – Aaron A. Barcellos, Los Banos, CA; J. Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA; Richard Gaona, Roby, TX; Craig A. Heinrich, Lubbock, TX; Matthew R. (Matt) Hyneman, Jonesboro, AR; Paul (Paco) Ollerton, Casa Grande, AZ.; and Taylor Slade, Williamston, NC
- GINNERS – Kent D. Fountain, Surrency, GA; and Curtis H. Stewart, Spade, TX
- MERCHANTS – Philip R. (Phil) Bogel, II, Dallas, TX; Steven (Steve) Dyer, Cordova, TN; Tim G. North, Dallas, TX; and Ernst D. (Ernie) Schroeder, Jr., Bakersfield, CA
- COOPERATIVE OFFICIAL – Frederick Barrier, Greenwood, MS.
- COTTONSEED HANDLER – James C. Massey, Harlingen, TX
- WAREHOUSEMAN – Vance C. Shoaf, Milan, TN
- MANUFACTURERS – Robin Perkins, Sanford, NC; and Davis Warlick, Charlotte, NC.
Newly-elected 2019 CCI directors are William Barksdale, merchant, from Cordova, TN; and cooperative officials Carlo Bocardo, Bakersfield, CA; and Donald Robinson, Garner, NC.
Based on information provided by the National Cotton Council