Esteve to Lead Cotton Council International in 2017
Eduardo (Eddy) Esteve, a merchant from Dallas, TX, will serve as president of Cotton Council International (CCI) for 2017.
Esteve and other CCI officers were elected at the organization’s board meeting during the National Cotton Council’s (NCC) 2017 Annual Meeting in Dallas. CCI is the NCC’s export promotion arm and carries out programs in more than 50 countries globally under the COTTON USA trademark.
“U.S. cotton has a great story to tell, and COTTON USA is communicating it to our industry’s current and potential customers worldwide,” Esteve said. “As CCI’s president, I’m proud to lead its efforts this year to continue driving differentiation and branding of U.S. cotton throughout the global cotton supply chain.”
Esteve succeeds Keith Lucas, a Garner, NC, cooperative official, who becomes CCI board chairman.
Esteve was born in Mexico City but spent his childhood in Dallas and graduated from the University of Dallas in 1990. He began working for ECOM USA and merchandised coffee in Mexico for seven years before transferring to the firm’s cotton division in 1997. He now serves as ECOM USA’s president. A former NCC director, Esteve is the past chairman of the American Cotton Shippers Association and past president of the Texas Cotton Association.
Other 2017 CCI officers elected include:
- First Vice President – Ted Schneider, producer, Lake Providence, LA
- Second Vice President – Hank Reichle, cooperative, Greenwood, MS
- Treasurer – E. Hope Brooks, III, merchant, Memphis, TN
- Secretary – Gary Adams, Cordova, TN
- Assistant Secretary – Bruce Atherley, Washington, DC.
Elected as 2017 CCI directors were:
- Dwayne Alford, ginner from Yuma, AZ
- Bobby Walton, merchant from Memphis, TN
- Ted Sheely, producer from Lemoore, CA.
Re-elected as 2017 CCI directors were:
- PRODUCERS– J. Lee Cromley, Brooklet, GA; Richard Gaona, Roby, TX; Craig Heinrich, Lubbock, TX; Richard Kelley, Burlison, TN; Taylor Slade, Williamston, NC; and Gregory (Greg) Wuertz, Casa Grande, AZ;
- GINNER– Kent Fountain, Surrency, GA;
- MERCHANTS– Philip (Phil) Bogel, II, Dallas, TX; Steven (Steve) Dyer, Cordova, TN; James Loeb, Jr., Montgomery, AL; and Ernst (Ernie) Schroeder, Jr., Bakersfield, CA;
- COOPERATIVE OFFICIALS– Frederick Barrier, Greenwood, MS; Carlos Garcia, Lubbock, TX; and Jarral Neeper, Bakersfield, CA;
- COTTONSEED HANDLER– James Massey, Harlingen, TX;
- WAREHOUSEMAN– Vance Shoaf, Milan, TN;
- MANUFACTURERS– Robin Perkins, Sanford, NC; and Davis Warlick, Charlotte, NC.
Source – Cotton Council International